Daily Quote: "The longer I live the less confidence I have in drugs and the greater is my confidence in the regulation and administration of diet and regimen." -- John Redman Coxe, 1800
This morning's wake up heart rate is 46 bpm, which is good enough for me to push for another 2.5 miler. I didn't run yesterday, just weight circuit training, that has me eager and ready to push myself.
Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.
Time: 9:15 a.m.
Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 2.5 miles at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 143 bpm. Cardiac Drift 179 bpm. (My maximum heart rate last year was 188 bpm) Shoes: ASICS Trainers. Effort was rather easy throughout the whole 2.5 miles!! No struggling during the last mile and no aches nor pain...even my shoulders are pain free today. I felt so much at peace after my run, a great sense of calm.
Tomorrow is Saturday, the busiest work day of the week, I plan to run an easy one mile recovery run before work.
Suzie has left for New York this morning to visit family and will return next Saturday. I might visit the gym during my days off next week and play in the pool, hot tub, and sauna for a change.
Also, I would like to see the movie "50/50" about buddies through thick, thin, comedy, and cancer! The movie is a story about the writer Will Reiser who was diagnosed with cancer in 2005. It's different and unusual to have a comedy based on cancer. Anyone seen this movie yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I haven't seen the movie yet, but have heard about it. Sounds like a great movie and one everyone should see. Your progress is astounding, Bruce, keep up the great work! I look forward to your movie review :-)
Post a Comment