Daily Quote: "Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself" .--Olga Korbut
Today I return to my 2 miler at the local gym. As I expected, my shoulders are still a little sore from weightlifting yesterday, otherwise I felt eager to hit the treadmill.
Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.
Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 2 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute miles) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 142 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers.
My 2 miler felt much easier today, I'm considering on increasing my run to 2.5 miles this coming Friday. No aches nor pain and my spirits are high!
Tomorrow will be an easy one mile recovery run and weight training. I plan on reducing the weights for the shoulder press, but all the other weight exercises will remain the same weights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, Bruce! You're doing great. Just keep those baby steps coming.
I had a great 100 minute run today. I did 6 miles in that time (usually only do about 5.2 miles) in a light rain storm and heavy wind gusts, no less. Best run I've had in over three years. The run was a nice birthday present (I'll be 76 in a couple of weeks).
Your progress is amazing! So glad to see such upbeat posts and happy running reports. You will gain mileage fast. You are also inspiring me to hit the gym again :-)
woo hoo!! way to go!
Post a Comment