Sunday, October 16, 2011

SUMMARY: OCTOBER 10-16, 2012

Daily Quote: "An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school." --David Walters

Normally I rest on Sunday, but Suzie is in New York and this morning was beautiful out there...decided to do an easy lap around my neighborhood.  Running outside definitely beats the treadmill!

Morning wakeup resting heart rate: 44 bpm.  Heart rate is good enough to run again!

Weather: 9:00 a.m. 66 degrees, sunny, humidity 13%, winds south at 10 mph.

Course: Loop around neighborhood; west on Upland, south on Jones, west on Alta, return home on Upland.

Workout: Warmup 10 minutes of racewalking.  Run; 1.5 miles at 9:45 per mile pace.  Cool down, 10 minutes of racewalking.  Easy effort, felt no strain and no pain nor aches.  Average heart rate: 141 bpm.  Cardiac drift 152 bpm.  Shoes: ASICS Trainer.

It felt great to run outside again, but will return to the treadmill next week as a precaution against exhaust pollution...don't want to risk getting cancer again.

SUMMARY: OCTOBER 10-16, 2012
Monday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Tuesday: Run 1 mile. (treadmill, 10 minute mile) & weight circuit training.
Wednesday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Thursday: NO RUNNING. Weight circuit training.
Friday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill 10 minute miles.)
Saturday: Run 1 mile (treadmill, 10 minute miles.)
Sunday: Run 1.5 miles, loop around home. (9:45 minute miles)
Total Weekly Mileage: 11:0 miles.


I'm very happy with my current progress!  I did struggle at the beginning of the week therefore planning on repeating last week's training as to allow my body to fully adapt before I increase mileage again.

I'm currently working out with two weight circuit training sessions, considering on increasing the weight training to three times a week.



1 comment:

Allen said...

Hi Bruce,

You've had a successful week; congratulations!!