Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recovery Run

Daily Quote:  "The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen... as the whispering beat repeats: be...gin, be...gin, be...gin. It's really that simple. Just begin... again." --Royce Addington

Yesterday I ran two miles, today I'll recover with a one miler.  Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are my current days off from work, which means I have more time to do the little "extras" like stretching and/or weight training.  I'm planning for weightlifting circuit training on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.

Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 141 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers.

As soon as I finished with my run, I jumped to the weight stations to do one round of circuit training.  I haven't lifted weights in a long time, therefore I'm using light weights with 15 repetitions as to allow my body to adapt.  I might have overdone the shoulder press, which is usually my weakest routine, my puny shoulders will probably be a little sore tomorrow.

The following is my current circuit training:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 90 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 50 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 40 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 75 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.

Tomorrow I'll return to running two miles.

No comments: