Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sore Shoulders

Daily Quote:  "Motivation is what gets you started.  Habit is what keeps you going." --Jim Rohn

My shoulders are still sore from overdoing the shoulder press machine last Tuesday, therefore I'm skipping the shoulder press until next week.  I ran two miles yesterday, therefore today is a recovery run of one mile.

Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.

Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 141 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers.  No aches nor pain and still joyfully motivated!  I know that I'll have poor motivation eventually, but by that time my exercising will be a habit.

As soon as I finished with my run, I jumped to the weight stations to do one round of circuit training.  I'm wondering if next week I should do the weight stations before running?  I'm thinking I'll have more energy to lift more weights if I save running until afterwards.

The following is my current circuit training:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 90 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 50 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. Skipped this machine due to sore shoulders.
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 75 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.

Tomorrow I plan on running 2.5 miles, which will be my longest run since my comeback after cancer!

No comments: