Daily Quote: "Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends." -- Thomas Jefferson
Today a nice one mile recovery run and weight circuit training. I had to do my exercises in the late afternoon as I spent most of the day getting my wife's truck fixed as to pass the smog test...a very expensive procedure! The great thing about the gym is that it doesn't matter what time of day I exercise, the weather is always the same, although I do try and make 9:00 a.m. my exercise habit.
Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.
Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 141 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers. Run felt very easy, which was my intent as to return tomorrow with more vigor for another 2.5 miler. No aches nor pain, I was eager and body felt strong.
As is my habit as soon as I finished with my run, I jumped to the weight stations to do one round of weight circuit training. I wonder in the future if it would be wise to do weights before running as I would have more energy and strength to lift heavier weights?!? My shoulders are much better than last week, but I'll reduce the weights on the shoulder press machine to allow my body to adapt.
The following is my current circuit training:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 90 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 50 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 20 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 75 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.
The chest press felt very easy and will increase the poundage to 55 pounds on Thursday. Shoulders did well with just 20 pounds, but still a little sore, will maintain 20 pounds next Thursday.
Looking forward to running 2.5 miles tomorrow! I'm hoping that my body is adapting and maybe next week be able to increase my run to 3 miles. I'm in no hurry to increase my mileage, the important thing is that I remain injury free. This December I've already registered for the 2011 Las Vegas Rock n' Roll Marathon, needless to say, I'm not going to be ready for this race, it's doubtful I'll even be ready to run the half marathon. I'm going to have to reduce my goals, maybe a 5k race in November or December?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment