Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Increasing Weights

Daily Quote: "Each strength training exercise you do should cause you to feel muscle “fatigue” within 15 repetitions (or fewer). Muscle fatigue feels like you couldn’t possibly do another repetition in good form. If you can do more than 15 reps in good form, or if you literally feel like you could go on forever because the resistance you’re using is so easy, then it’s time to take it up a notch." --Jason Anderson, Certified Personal Trainer
Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.

Run: Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 140 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers. Run felt very easy, which makes it a perfect recovery run from yesterday's 2.5 miler

As is my habit as soon as I finished with my run, I jumped to the weight stations to do one round of weight circuit training.   A few of the exercises are becoming too easy and will increase the weights by five pounds...the leg press, chest press, and lat pull are due to be increased.  My shoulders are no longer sore, but as a precaution will continue with light weights on the shoulder press this week.

The following is my weight circuit training today:

1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 95 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 55 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 20 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 80 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.
Tomorrow's plan is to run 2.5 miles on the treadmill.  I should run at least one day outside so my body becomes somewhat accustomed to running on uneven and hard surfaces...maybe this weekend I'll run once outside.  The weather forecast this week is perfect for running in the mornings!!  I'm a still a little leery about running outside due to auto exhaust and paranoid I'll get cancer again.

1 comment:

bizzilizzie said...

I've been off-line for a couple of weeks and am enjoying catching up with your blog!
You are doing fantastically... and it's a great education for me to see how you take such care to listen to your body. I have a lot to learn.