"Winning is not about headlines and hardware [medals]. It’s only about attitude. A winner is a person who goes out today and every day and attempts to be the best runner and best person he can be… Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."--Amby Burfoot
Today is another Recovery Run, almost a duplicate of yesterday's run, but today I have new batteries and can listen to U2's CD.
9:30 a.m. 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade/elevation. All 6 miles were at 6.0 mph (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm). Average heart rate: 141 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 146 bpm. No aches nor pain and prepared for tomorrow's run of 15 miles, which will be my longest run since 2008 Boston Marathon.
Tonight my wife and I will be seeing the movie, "Hancock," starring Will Smith.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF JUNE 30 - JULY 6, 2008.
Finished second week of my four week training block (I'll increase mileage for three weeks then the fourth week is a recovery week) and ran a total of 55 miles that's my longest mileage week this year.
I'm currently 174 pounds on a six foot frame, my goal is to weigh 165 pounds for the 2008 Las Vegas Marathon. As my weekly mileage become longer I should have no problems meeting my weight goal, nevertheless, I still need to keep junk food under control and maintain a healthy diet.
I accomplished three sessions of weight circuit training and had increased the weights for the chest press and lat pull-down. I'm quite pleased with the results of my weight training as I'm much stronger now than last year.
I was able to sleep well last week with 7-8 hours of sound, REM sleep daily! My morning resting heart rates are low, 38-42 bpm. Although I've been sleeping well at nights I'm still enjoying short naps before work.
A short recap of last week's runs:
Monday: Medium-Long Run, Progressive, 14 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Wednesday: Tempo Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Medium-Long Run, 11 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 55 miles.

No comments:
Post a Comment