"Running is a lot like life. Only 10 percent of it is exciting. 90 percent of it is slog and drudge."--Dave Bedford, English distance runner
Today is an easy Recovery Run and ran earlier than normal so my wife wouldn't miss me.
8:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade/elevation. All 6 miles were at 6.0 mph (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm). Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 146 bpm. The batteries were dead in my Sony Sport CD Player and had to listen to the gym's droning electronic music noise that simply dulled my mind into a Zombie state. Body felt invigorated after the run, hence I immediately jumped into my Weight Circuit Program, which lasted the normal 30 minutes. I was able to get home before the wife awoke!
Tonight we'll be seeing the travelling "American Idol Show" at the Thomas & Mack Center, I'm not familiar with the singers as I never watched the show, nor television for that matter, but my wife is a HUGE fan!

No comments:
Post a Comment