Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Devine Racing Tries to Sell L.A. Marathon

Daily Quote:

Devine Racing's cash-flow problems have grown increasingly public in recent months. Zappos, the online shoe retailer, on May 30 severed its ties with Devine Racing's Las Vegas race, citing the company's financial problems. And some business owners in Los Angeles continue to complain that payments are slow in coming.
--Los Angeles Times, read article, "L.A. Marathon operator scrambles to make good on debts"


I was considering replacing the Las Vegas Marathon with racing in the L.A. Marathon instead, but Devine Racing is not paying its debts in L.A. either and is trying to unload the L.A. Marathon...geez, Los Angeles is fairly close to Las Vegas, only a 4-hour drive, I may have to research Phoenix for my next marathon. I'm getting discouraged, hopefully Devine Racing will have Las Vegas Marathon's bills paid before June 15th as promised and my fears will be for naught.

Today is a General Aerobic Run. 10:00 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. 2 miles at 6.3 mph, 4 miles at 6.5 mph, and 2 miles at 6.3 mph. Average Heart Rate: 155 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 162 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) The gym was very warm this morning and was sweating up a storm! Only brought small bottle of water, next time I'll bring a larger bottle of Gatorade.

I'm finding it more difficult to work, run and bowl AND keep this blog up-to-date! I'll just do the best I can...how I wish I work a normal eight hours rather than my current 12-hour work nights!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I am from Singapore and i'm actually planning to run the Los Angeles Marathon 2009 during my honeymoon with my wife (we are avid runners). However, i read that the organiser Divne faced alot of financial issues. Do you know have any update? Since they are opening the 2009 registration, can i assume that they got their problems sorted? your update will be helpful, thanks. You can reach me by esurprise@yahoo.com