Sunday, June 8, 2008

Need New Shoes Soon

Daily Quote:

First we will examine typical mileage values for how long running shoes will last. The generally accepted consensus is runners will require a new pair of running shoes every 300-500 miles. This means a runner who has purchased a new pair of running shoes recently will require a new pair after he has logged approximately 300-500 miles on his running shoes. This distance is best gauged by keeping an accurate training log which includes a section for accumulated mileage. The runner may record the amount he has run each day but should also keep a running total of the total distance he has run since he purchased a new pair of running shoes. This will make it easy to see when the runner is approaching the threshold of the range of 300-500 miles which typically signifies the need for a new pair of running shoes.
--The Runner's Guide

I currently have 502 miles on my ASICS GT 2102, which I rotate with my Nike Air Structures (currently 220 miles), and need to replace them soon. I'm not a slave to any particular name brand, but I do make sure the shoes are stability shoes as I have flat feet. Time to start looking for a good sale at the local shoe stores.

Yesterday was a Rest Day as I took my wife to see "Phantom of the Opera" and to a nice Italian Restaurant inside the Venetian Hotel and Casino. I've ran six days this week and hope to increase running seven days next week.

10:15 a.m. General Aerobic Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 7 miles. 2 miles @ 6.3 mph, 2 miles @ 6.4 mph, 2 miles @ 6.5 mph and 1 mile @ 6.3 mph. Average heart rate 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm. Comfortable run at conversational pace, listened to Cure's CD "Bloodflowers" that was a good escape from the gym's humming noise.

No comments: