"No doubt a brain and some shoes are essential for marathon success, although if it comes down to a choice, pick the shoes. More people finish marathons with no brains than with no shoes."
-- Don Kardong
Found a good deal on running shoes, $79.00 for "New Balance 768!" I decided to wear them today for my medium-long run of 12 miles.
9:45 a.m. Medium-Long Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 12 miles. 4 miles at 6.3 mph, 4 miles at 6.4 mph, and 4 miles at 6.5 mph. Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift 157 bpm. This is my first medium-long run done on the treadmill for the summer!! New shoes worked well, didn't even notice they were on my feet, which is always a good sign for good running shoes. I'll be alternating these shoes with my older pair of Nike Air Structures.
Tomorrow morning I must awake at 5:00 a.m. as Checker Cab Company has shift bid! It's going to be a very long day. Now I must work 12 hours (2 pm - 2 am) and will be lucky to get two hours of sleep tonight.

5 comments:
Hi! Your comment made me smile!
New shoes are very important - I just got new ones, too. I am soooo impressed by how far you can run. WOW. Okay- I sure hope I can live up to the challenge!
Ellen
Let me know how you like the new shoes. Hey.. wondering if you can give me a ride from the airport to Mandalay Bay hotel next month. Would like to meet you and exchange running stories!!!
Howdy Ellen, you'll easily can live up to any challenge you set your mind to do, especially if you focus on having fun as you're getting healthier and fit. Keep up the great work!
Howdy Ted! Sure I can pick you up at the airport, needless to say it depends on when you're arriving as I might be getting my beauty sleep, just e-mail me the particulars to: robison52@yahoo.com
Would be very nice to meet you and exchange stories! If I'm unable to pick you up, we could always meet sometime later for lunch.
congrats on the new shoes. I just ordered a new pair of Asics 2130's, can't wait for them to arrive.
Good luck with the shift bid:)
Post a Comment