Monday, June 23, 2008

13 Miler!

Daily Quote:
"I gazed in envy at ultra runners whose quadriceps had the kind of definition
that tells you Secretariat is somewhere in their family tree."
--Liz Zelandais, writing about the Dam 50k Run/Relay

Today is the first day of my next four week cycle, (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery) What better way to start the cycle than my longest run since the Boston Marathon!

9:30 a.m. Medium-Long Run, progressive. 13 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 4 miles at 6.3 mph, 4 miles at 6.4 mph, and 5 miles at 6.5 mph. Average heart rate: 150 bpm. Cardiac Drift 159 bpm. Bad rash on my inner thighs, need to remember to apply Body Glide next time. Drank one large bottle of Gatorade, but could have drank more as the gym was very warm this morning. After my run I had a feeling of great satisfaction that I'm doing very well and improving steadily. Next week I'll attempt a 14-miler!

3 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Congrats and here's to hoping you keep up the steady improvement.

Allen said...

When you get up to 15 miles, you'll be about half way of a 50K. Cool! Well, maybe not cool temps in Vegas...

LIrunner9 said...

You certainly are improving. Your numbers look fantastic!! Keep up the great work. You are going to be SO prepared for your 50K, and ultimately the 50 miler. All I can say is WOW!!!