Daily Quote:
If your idea of healthy eating is a bar of dark chocolate every day, you might want to re-think. A study at the University of Western Australia found that eating chocolate on a daily basis could reduce bone density in women. The researchers believe this could be because it contains substances that prevent calcium substances that prevent calcium from being absorbed properly. However, running and other weight-bearing exercise increases bone density, so the more you run, the more chocolate you can eat.
--Runner's World Magazine (England Edition), June 2008
Today is a Tempo Run, which will be exactly the same distance and pace as last week.
10:00 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Total Distance: 6 miles. Warm-up: 2 miles at 6.3 mph. Tempo: 3 miles at 7.4 mph. Cool-down: 1 mile at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate: 156 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 169 bpm. My tempo run this week has improved from last week as my heart rate numbers are lower!! Last week my average heart rate was 159 bpm, and my cardiac drift was 172 bpm. I'll either increase my tempo run to 4 miles next week or perhaps increase the pace to 7.5 mph.
I noticed that my blog photo had somehow disappeared, hence I added a new photo, which is my last push during the 2008 Boston Marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Your music scared me this morning! LOL. I started searching around the house. Have a nice day!
Ellen
Howdy Ellen! Yup, I could see that happening as "Chariots of Fite" starts slowly and quietly as it builds to a crescendo!
treadmill runs! too hot in Vegas to do anything else I suppose!
Howdy Sherri, Today the temperature in Vegas was 111 degrees; I know I'm stuck on the treadmill until September...nothing new, I've done this treadmill base training for the last four summers.
Glad to read your numbers are getting better too. I've really had some great runs lately. My HR is really treating me well:)
I like the new photo from the Boston Marathon:)
Post a Comment