Pacing is critical! Especially the first few hours. Go out very--Paul Olson when asked advice on reaching 100 miles in 24 hours.
conservative. Create a plan whereas you forget about laps (but not forgetting to
pack your counter). Try a run/walk strategy such as 20 minutes of running
followed by 10 minutes of walking. Continue this pattern for each half hour for
as long as you possibly can.
Normally I would take a rest day after a previous day running a Long or Medium-Long Run, but today I'll be running a Recovery Run as I strive to run seven days this week.
9:30 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Three miles at 6.3 mph and the last three at 6.4 mph. Average heart rate: 141 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 147 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) No aches nor pain, felt tired, yet still wanted to complete a weight circuit after the run. Did two sets on the weight circuit and headed back home for a much needed nap.

2 comments:
Again, well done, and you deserve that nap!!
It still amazes me you can maintain this schedule and superb numbers, working 12 hour days. You are da man!
It really isn't that amazing if you see how slow cab business is in Las Vegas during the hot summer months, most of the time I'm reading books or studying chess in the cab as I wait 30-60 minutes for a fare...the next morning I have plenty of energy to run. Also, my running seven days a week isn't anything new, as I've been running seven days a week in base building cycles for three years now...all on the treadmill!! I have to admit, my taking naps have been getting more plentiful and longer...must be because I' "da olde man!"
Post a Comment