"Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run."--Jumbo Elliott
My weight training workouts had become rather easy, therefore today added five pounds to every exercise in my upper body workout stations, which are: shoulder press, chest press, lat pulldown, triceps, and biceps. I didn't have any problems with the additional weight and know that I'm much stronger than ever before! I'm an ectomorph body type and find it very difficult to add muscle mass, nevertheless, creating large muscles isn't my goal, I want to be stronger and be a lean, mean running machine.
10:30 a.m. Recovery Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 4 miles!! Speed was 6.1 mph for all miles. Average heart rate: 138 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 142 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) This week is a Recovery Week and I'm cutting mileage in all my runs, normally my Recovery Run is six miles, but today just a very easy four miles. I have so much energy I feel like I'm going to burst...can hardly wait to add higher mileage next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment