Daily Quote: "Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day, but I soon learned it was essential to my overall endurance. My training sessions and times were markedly worse when I skipped breakfast. A bagel or cereal in the morning works wonders for me!" --Shelley Smith, CO (from the book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners")
This morning I went shopping at DSW Shoes and bought new running shoes, Brook's Adrenaline's #6 for only $59.95, a $30 savings!! I had worn this model last year with good results and look forward to running in them again.
Today is a six mile recovery run as to break-in the new shoes. 11:35 p.m., partly cloudy, 72 degree with no winds. Out and back on Torrey Pines, heart rate within my 65-70% MHR Zone. I'm still sore from yesterday's Long Run, and blister on foot arch is annoying even with a bandage patch. The new shoes were perfect!
My motion control shoes, New Balance 845, has accumulated 422 miles and today will be retiring them from running, but will still wear them as walking/work shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Bruce,
I've decided to read your blog from the beginning to see what more I can learn. I broke out my MAF book today, and have decided to train at MAF for about 12 weeks (keeping my HR below 137). And then incorporate John Parkers advanced or competitive training schedule for my half marathon in September. By the end of Sept I will have qualified for the 2009 NYC Marathon, and will take Oct - Jan 09 to rebuild/basebuild, using MAF, and then start my training all over again for the marathon.
I'm toying with the idea of training using Allen's marathon schedule, or I just came accross the Hansons way of Marathoning (http://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=4447) Not sure if the latter is ideal for me, as I am just a beginner, first time marathoner.
I'm hoping in reading your blog, I will see what you have done, and maybe learn some more, as this is all very new to me.
BTW, did you go to Cal Poly?? My dad graduated from there. If so, small world.
Keep up the great work with your training. Can't wait to track you at Boston.
Joanne
oh, and meant to say, sorry for posting here. Wasn't sure where to post, since when I've sent emails to you,you haven't gotten them:(
Howdy Joanne! It's odd that I haven't received any of your e-mails, but anyways, it's no problem posting any questions or thoughts onto my comment page.
Nope, I didn't attend Cal Poly, I received my B.A. in Psychology from Michigan State University. I attended Cal Poly's Running Camp for eight days. I did post a long article of my running camp experience at about.com, but appears the article was deleted as it was a long time ago.
Wish I had started my blog when I first started to run, I made plenty of mistakes and goofs when I first started running and racing.
Post a Comment