Daily Quote: "I've run the New York City Marathon six times. My best time was four hours. I got slower and slower after that. My goal was to finish it, not do it quickly." --Mehmet Oz, M.D., "America's Doctor," The Oprah Winfrey Show.
I'm totally exhausted from last night's cab driving. I worked 12-hours non-stop, without lunch breaks (I ate while driving) and this morning was tough getting up and heading for the gym. The huge Con-Expo Convention continues through Friday and it's going to be hard getting up early tomorrow morning for my schedule 20-miler. The Long Run MUST be done.
No weight circuit training today as arms, back and shoulders feel sore from lifting many heavy bags, equipment, and pamphlets from conventioneers arriving at the airport.
Today is Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 2, as stated in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 107:
Stationary Cycling (50 minutes)
10 minutes easy spinning as warm up, 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy; 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy as recovery as recovery; all with cadence of about 95 to 100 rpm.
After workout had a small lunch and went back to bed for an hour nap before work...it's going to be another busy 12-hour work night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"The Long Run MUST be done."
Not necessarily. Something about burning a candle at both ends.... You're pretty stressed out from your work-load, so I question the wisdom of trying to slavishly follow your training schedule. Do something to give your body a much-needed rest period.
Howdy Allen!
I'm pretty stubborn about completing my weekly Long Runs and realize I'm pushing my body to the limits this week, but I am cross-training everyother day and it's not like I'm running 90+ weeks this marathon training period. Also, my morning heart rates are just a tad above normal 43-45 bpm, rather than the usual 39-42 bpm. Nevertheless, I will be careful and if I fear that I'm harming myself I'll cut myself some slack and take a day or two off. How I wish I could run long during the weekends, although I know it would disrupt my wife's harmony.
Post a Comment