Daily Quote: I try to live by the 80/20 rule: 80 percent of the time I eat nutritious food; 20 percent of the time I have fun foods as a reward for my hard training. The 20 percent includes chocolate, beer, onion rings, blue cheese, doughnuts, and ice cream. --EARL FENSTERMACHER, SEATTLE, WA (from the book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners")
Today's workout is a Tempo run as scheduled in "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book, under Boston Marathon Qualifying Program, 3:41, pg 235 (3:40 Boston Marathon goal training schedule).
9:30 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade. 11 mile run. Warm-up: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile pace). Tempo: 10 miles at 7.2 mph (8:20 minute miles). Cool-down, 10 minutes on stationary cycle at Level 8. Average heart rate: 167 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 175 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm).
This is my second "tempo" run this training period where I ran 10 miles at 8:20 pace, today I show noticeable improvement! My duplicate long, Tempo Run was on March 3rd when my heart rate was higher (Average heart rate: 169 bpm, Cardiac Drift: 179 bpm.) My lower heart rates today shows I've adapted to the marathon training and have improved effort. My confidence for a personal record in the upcoming Boston Marathon is overflowing!!
Tomorrow is cross-training and will also attempt to practice bowling after work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're gonna kick the heartbreak hills butt;)
Keep it up, not long until the race:)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Howdy Tiger! Hard to believe my dream of the Boston Marathon is arriving soon...qualified two years ago, but the time just flew! Only one more week and I'll start my taper!!
Post a Comment