Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

Daily Quote: "Restricting calories, increasing your strength, and getting quality sleep are three of nature's best antiaging medicines." --Dr. Roizen & Dr. Oz, from the book, "You, Staying Young: the Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty."

Today is a busy day as I strive to cram all my exercises and activities into one day as tomorrow we'll be celebrating Easter with the Ely family.

9:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. My weight training is coming along well, next week I'll increase both biceps and triceps weights by five pounds.

I quickly followed weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 3, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.

Life Fitness Cycle: Total time 45 minutes. WORKOUT: 5 minutes easy as a warm-up; increased cadence to 100+ rpm and maintain that cadence for 30 minutes (because of the faster cadence, the effort level will be 3 on the perceived effort scale) Note: Effort Level 3 is Moderate to Hard with a noticeable increase in breathing. Followed by 10 minutes of easy running after as a cool-down. The gym was packed today with faces I've never seen before, maybe newbies preparing for Easter feasting?

Later in the afternoon, Suzie and I went bowling practice at the Gold Coast Bowling Lanes. We both did very well, and bowled above our averages. My current bowling average is 163 pins and after the 2008 Boston Marathon I plan to place more emphasis on being a better bowler...I would like to see my average increased to 180+ pins before 2009.

I hope to stay disciplined tomorrow during Easter Dinner and plan to eat healthier portions with plenty of veggies.

6 comments:

vmJoe said...

Bruce, you are looking lean and mean. You should have a good race at Boston! Make sure you let us know your bib number so we can keep up with you!

robison52 said...

Howdy Easy Runner! Yup, once I receive a bib number I'll post it here AND at the about.com running/jogging forum! I wonder when I'll get my number? I should check the Boston Marathon website soon for an update.

robison52 said...

I just looked up my bib number at the Boston Marathon website and it was posted as: BIB #17886, and I'll be running in Wave Two. I'll post it on the about.com forum site soon and again when I leave for Boston. Thanks Easy Runner for waking me up to search for my bib number!!

vmJoe said...

No problem Bruce! I like to condsider that my contribution to your marathon success! :)

-joe

vmJoe said...

No problem Bruce! I like to condsider that my contribution to your marathon success! :)

-joe

LIrunner9 said...

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for posting your bib # I will definitely track you. You are going to do awesome. Wow, 2nd wave. Very impressive!!!!

Oh, and I got the 301 today!! It's charging and will be used for my run tomorrow. I can't wait. Thanks for all your advice.
Joanne