Daily Quote: "Running make you snap shut your pulmonary valve more forcibly--like a sail snapping in the wind. That's a good thing. As you run, more blood goes into your lungs. The valve closes to keep blood from leaking back into your heart." --Mehmet Oz, M.D. "America's Doctor," Oprah Winfrey Show.
I'm playing catch-up on this blog as I've been extremely busy at work, the huge Con-Expo Convention is coming to town, sometimes I just don't have enough hours in the day to do everything I want.
My morning heart rate was 40 bpm, I also had no aches nor pain, all systems are GO for a faster Long Run! Today's Long Run is somewhat of a cut-back week with only 15 miles, I decided not to do a tough hilly course, nor hill repeats, but train on the usual out-and-back route on Torrey Pines that partly traverses the "Las Vegas Marathon" course, which is relatively flat.
I'll be following the recommendations in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book, and will strive for a 8:43 minute pace today; I've set my virtual partner, Garfield, for the challenging pace with the hopes of exacting revenge on him for beating me badly last week.
The weather couldn't be nicer, Sunny, 53-58 degrees, with little wind. I carried one bottle of Gatorade, which was more than sufficient. The 8:43 minute per mile pace was very difficult to maintain during the first half, but was able to get a second wind and the second half felt easier. It was close, but I managed to beat Garfield by one minute, with a finishing time of 2:09, that's a 8:36 minute pace!
I'm feeling very confident with my chances of getting a personal record in the upcoming Boston Marathon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment