Daily Quote: "Eating nuts does not create the calorie intake that you might expect, because 5 percent to 15 percent of the calories are not absorbed by the intestinal system. That's because the nuts' skin and how well we chew nuts influence digestion. An added bonus: The slow release of calories throughout the intestinal system leads to prolonged satiety." The book, "YOU on a Diet" by Dr Roizen and Dr. Oz.
Yesterday I didn't exercise as to fully recover from Friday's very strenuous interval workout. My heart rate was slightly elevated this morning to 45 bpm, a little high from my normal 39-42 bpm.
My main goal this weekend was to eat a clean, healthy diet, with the hopes of losing another pound or two this week, happily I accomplished the weekend goal and lost two pounds!!
Cross-training today!
10:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. I may need to increase the weights for the biceps and triceps exercises as it's starting to feel easy.
I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 3, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.
Life Fitness Cycle: Total time 45 minutes. WORKOUT: 5 minutes easy as a warm-up; increased cadence to 100+ rpm and maintain that cadence for 30 minutes (because of the faster cadence, the effort level will be 3 on the perceived effort scale) Note: Effort Level 3 is Moderate to Hard with a noticeable increase in breathing. Followed by 10 minutes of easy running after as a cool-down.
On the Bishop Gorman Bowling League, our team "One Wonders" only won one game out of four, although I did manage to bowl all my games above my average it wasn't enough. I get too frustrated with our bowling results as I'm too competitive; my focus should be on having fun and getting a little additional exercise...I'm just too competitive for my own good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment