Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bought New Book

Daily Quote: "Running is like surgery: You do your best if you're in the flow, aware of all that's around you, hypersensitive to the sounds, sensations, and what your body is doing." --Mehmet Oz, M.D. "America's Doctor," The Oprah Winfrey Show.

I bought the book, "YOU: Staying Young; Extend your natural warranty and start living, and feeling, younger
"
by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz. I'm anxious to starting reading, but this week it'll be a struggle finding time due to the upcoming Con-Expo Convention.

11:00 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 30 minutes. Lifted weight primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I also completed four reps of chin-ups and hope to increase them to five reps next week.

I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 2, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.

Stationary cycling (50 minutes) Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy; 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy as recovery; all with cadence of about 95 to 100 rpm. I watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" on the boob tube as I was cycling.

No comments: