Daily Quote: "What kind of geek goes out and runs in a cloudburst just before midnight on his honeymoon? Me, I guess. But probably many others, too. You know who you are." --MARK WILL-WEBER, EDITOR OF THE QUOTABLE RUNNER
I struggled getting out of bed this morning, immediately checked my morning heart rate, was 44 bpm, and stepped on the weight scale, 174 pounds. Didn't notice any soreness nor pain from yesterday's Long Run, but still wanted to crawl back into bed. I still had lingering disappointments with yesterday's slow 20 miler, which helped get me out the door for the gym.
Thankfully, today is cross-training!
Today is a combination of weight circuit training and a cardio workout of upright stationary cycling as scheduled in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster."
9:00 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Lifted weights today primarily on the circuit machines as I wanted to finish the workout as soon as possible and didn't want to waste time with finding the right free weights. It's so much easier to go from one station next to the other in sequence.
Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode #1. 9:30 a.m. Life Fitness Cycle. Total time was 45 minutes. 8 minutes easy spinning, 30 minutes moderate, 7 minutes easy; cadence about 95 to 100 rpm. The effort was moderate to hard effort level.
I felt totally spent after my workout, but rather than taking a nap played on the computer catching up on my favorite blogs and forum sites. I even played a Blitz Chess game on the yahoo.com game site with someone from England; nice to clobber some poor unsuspecting chess expert.
Depending on how my body feels, I may take a rest day tomorrow and run the scheduled Intervals workout on Saturday. The weekend still seems so far away! Time to rush to work!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment