Daily Quote: "If you want to stay young, run. As Michael Roizen and I write in 'YOU: Staying Young,' running forces your body's engines to go full speed. Like any engine, your body needs to air itself out, exude toxins through sweat. --Dr Mehmet Oz, M.D., "America's Doctor," The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Thank goodness today is cross-training as I'm quite sore and tired from yesterday's long and strenuous Tempo Run. Also, notice tomorrow's Long Run is somewhat of a cut-back as it's only a 15 miler.
10:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. I was finally able to do four pull-ups, which has given me great feeling of accomplishment, as a teen I couldn't do even one pull-up!
I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 3, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.
Life Fitness Cycle: Total time 45 minutes. WORKOUT: 5 minutes easy as a warm-up; increased cadence to 100+ rpm and maintain that cadence for 30 minutes (because of the faster cadence, the effort level will be 3 on the perceived effort scale) Note: Effort Level 3 is Moderate to Hard with a noticeable increase in breathing. Followed by 10 minutes of easy running after as a cool-down.
After my workouts went home and took an hour nap...I just feel worn-out, even though I slept seven hours last night. I might be suffering from work related stress due to the possibility of Checker Cab Company going on strike as the contract talks are not coming along smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bruce, sorry to hear you're sore and tired. I sure hope your cab company doesn't go on strike!! But I also hope the stress is work related and not the cross training on top of the running!!! Did you take your RHR this a.m.?? What did it say? Curious to see what your RHR shows for tomorrow? Just think, 7 weeks till Boston and then you'll be back to your running routine!! BTW, I sent you emails? not sure if you're getting them. I really don't know how to respond if you write something on my blog/comments, and I have a response to that. LOL Sorry this is all new to me. For the longest time I didn't even know I was getting comments until I went in one day to edit one of my posts and saw yours and allen's comments. LOL. I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you, just brand new to computer technology:) It's always great to hear from you!:)
Howdy Joanne!
I didn't receive your e-mails, makes me wonder if I still have a glitch when my computer crashed last week.
My heart rate was 40 bpm this morning...which is in my normal range. Actually, the cross-training is easier training than my previous high mileage running weeks of 90+ miles, I'm recovering well with only running three days a week. Whatever the cause of my high heart rate, everything seems fine now.
No reason to apologize as I'm not exactly a computer whiz either! I often post in others blogs without expecting a return reply as I know we all have tight schedules due to our running. I wish I was as proficient in computers as is our friend Allen!!
Boston is just around the corner, and now I hear rumblings of a possible strike...wife told me not to worry about it as fate is out of our control. If I do go on strike it'll be a financial disaster for my family.
My prayers and thoughts are with you that your company doesn't go on strike! and that you can continue training stress free!!!
Post a Comment