Daily Quote: "I loved the camaraderie of the marathon. On the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, that big mass of people--it's probably what Mecca feels like. You're one with humanity." --Mehmet Oz, "America's Doctor," The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Today's workout is intervals as scheduled in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" pg 236, marathon training program for a 3:40 goal:
20 minute warm-up.
3 x (2 x 1200m @ 5:10)
(2 minute recovery jog).
(4 minutes between sets).
10 minute cool-down.
I was barely able to complete the above training, my cardiac drift was 188 bpm, which was very close to my maximum heart rate of 190 bpm. I am concerned that after my 10 minute cool-down my heart rate was still in the 130's, normally after my cool-down it would be <100 bpm. Tomorrow I should take a complete rest day as to recover and recuperate. I am surprised my ankles didn't feel sore today, usually after such a punishing workout they would be a little sore and tender...undoubtedly cross-training has been helping my ankles heal and recover during the days between running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment