Monday, July 23, 2007

A Floating Sensation

Daily Quote: "Bob does well in big races because he doesn't stand at the starting line and establish a pecking order. He doesn't look around and say: 'Oh, sp-and-so is here...' His great gift is his ability to focus completely on himself and his own race, and then let the place or the time take care of itself." -- Coach Vince Lananna on Bob Kempainen

Today is a Medium Long Run.
15 Miles. Time 2:17. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 160 bpm.

Today during my run I had that rare floating sensation and the effortless running feeling at about 10 miles and lasted around 4 minutes...I noted that my heart rate actually slowed down by nine beats and at the end of the floating came a tingling up my spine. Is this what is known as a "runner's high" or something else? Whatever it was the feeling was very pleasant, wished I could feel that effortless floating sensation again soon!

No comments: