Thursday, July 26, 2007

Recovery Run + Circuit Training

Daily Quote: "If you want to be a successful runner, you have to consider everything. It's no good just thinking about endurance and not to develop fine speed." --Arthur Lydiard

Early AM (before bedtime) Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary bike. Full body weight circuit training. Cool down, 10 minutes on the elliptical. I was the only person using the weights this morning at 2:15 a.m.

Later AM (after 7 hours of sleep.)
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.1 - 1.7 grades. The new speed of 6.2 mph is working well, as soon as the elevation starts climbing to 3.0 grade I'll raise speed again as I want a Recovery Run not a Hill Workout!

I'm finding it difficult to spend time on the computer due to my 12 hour work shifts, running mileage increases and getting enough sleep... I feel guilty if I don't spend more time on about.com. What am I going to do when I start running 80+ miles per week? I'll just do the best I can and hope for the best.

3 comments:

vmJoe said...

I think everyone would understand and expect you spend more time training and less on line. After all you are training for BOSTON! My gosh. ... run man run!

Allen said...

I agree with easy_runner!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I agree too!!! we'll still be wondering how it's going--Can't do more than you can!