Saturday, July 21, 2007

SUMMARY: WEEK 29

Daily Quote: "I see running as a tool, I see it as more than just a sport. I see it as a way of treating my life. Everything in life is hard and you have to work hard for it." -- Terefe Ejigu, Scottish athlete, winner of the senior men's Dorne Cup race, quoted in The Wellingtonian

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:26. Overall pace, 8:36 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. First eight miles at 6.6 mph pace, the last two miles at 7.5 mph (marathon pace) Average heart rate: 148 bpm (77% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 157 bpm (84% of MHR). Run was tougher than usual, probably not fully recovered from yesterday's Long Run. I should run an easy Recovery Run tomorrow.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK JULY 15-21, 2007

Finished second week of 4 week running block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). Ran a total of 79 miles and continued to run seven days a week, this is the most weekly mileage I've ran this year!! I'm getting closer to my highest weekly mileage ever of 84 miles, which I should accomplish during August. First time this year added one "double" workout on Wednesday.

I was consistent with my circuit weight training of three days and was able to increase my weights of five pounds for all stations.

I lost two pounds since last week and I'm now 174 pounds on a six foot frame. I'll undoubtedly lose more weight next week as I increase my mileage for the third week.

My morning heart rates have been low, 42-45 bpm and I show no signs of overtraining. I've been sleeping well, with the exception of one day when I only managed 6 hours of sleep.

Only one more hard week before my beloved Recovery Week. The Recovery Week not only helps me physically but nice to have a mental break as well.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 14 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Doubles: Early A.M.: Easy Run, 3 miles. Later A.M.: Tempo Run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Friday: Long Run, 18 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Total Mileage: 79 miles.

No comments: