Daily Quote: ""Run hard, be strong, think big!" -- Percy Cerutty
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
11 miles. Time, 1:35. Overall pace, 8:38 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. First nine miles at 6.6 mph pace, the last two miles at 7.5 mph (marathon pace) Average heart rate: 149 bpm (77% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 158 bpm (84% of MHR). Right ankle feels much better, but blister from yesterday is still troublesome. Last run before Recovery Week! I'm really looking forward to the decreased mileage and lesser intensity.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK JULY 21 - 28, 2007
Finished third week of 4 week running block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). Ran a total of 80 miles and continued to run seven days a week, this is the most weekly mileage I've ran this year!! I'm getting closer to my highest weekly mileage ever of 84 miles that was set during last November's training for the New Las Vegas Marathon. I'm really looking forward to next week's Recovery Week as my body and mind needs the break!!
I'm still consistent with my circuit weight training and continued to lift weights three times during the week. No increase poundage on any stations this week.
I lost two pounds again and have reached 172 pounds on my six foot frame. Now is the time to lose weight during this base building, as most experts frown on dieting during marathon training. My goal is to reach the low 160's for the 2007 New Las Vegas Marathon.
My morning heart rates have been very low, 39-42 bpm and I show no signs of overtraining. I've been getting significant sleep, with one day of getting TEN HOURS of deep sleep. I find that the more sleep I get during the night results in less cat naps after my runs.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles, Early a.m., 4 miles. Later a.m., 7 miles.
Wednesday: Tempo Run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Friday: Long Run, 19 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 11 miles.
Total mileage: 80
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment