Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Double Your Fun!

Daily Quote: "I am both proud of and embarrassed by that run. What kind of geek goes out and runs in a cloudburst just before midnight on his honeymoon? Me, I guess. But probably many others, too. You know who you are." -- Mark Will-Weber The Quotable Runner

Today I decided to do "Doubles," but with two easy runs rather than last week when I combined an Easy Run with a later Tempo Run.

Early AM (before bedtime)
Easy Run. 4 miles, Time, 38:40. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.2 mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 148 bpm. After run did a full body weight circuit routine. Wasn't as difficult this week to head for the gym after work, in fact, I was looking forward to the run.

Later AM (after eight hours of sleep)
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.0 - 1.6 grades. I've increased the speed for my Recovery Runs to 6.2 mph as to keep the grades lower. A big difference from last week, not as much stress; it's a better idea to combine two easier runs for the doubles.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Coming from Vegas, you're used to double or nothing :)