Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nice and Easy Run!

Daily Quote: "Know your limits and stay within them. Do what you think you can cope with." --Arthur Lydiard

I am so very tired, yesterday's double has wiped me out! Needless to say, the vigorous Tempo Run contributed to my fatigue. My body is close to its limits, hopefully I'll adapt quickly and continue to make gains. Next week I won't add another double, but will continue running a double on Wednesday and will increase the mileage by just one mile for a total of four miles.

Today is a Recovery Run
7 miles. Time, 1:08. Pace, 9.50 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.1 mph. Elevation changes: 2.9 - 2.1 grades. My left ankle is slightly sore from yesterday, but overall the body is holding up well. I have a Long Run scheduled for tomorrow, which I might postpone until Saturday depending how my body feels as today I'm totally exhausted...wish I didn't have to work today!

2 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Well, it's good you know your limits! You seem to always know when your body can't take anymore, and you also seem very resiliant when it comes to adapting! I don't think it will take very long :0)

robison52 said...

After running several marathons already I would hope I know my current limits, but I do love to push that envelope too close. I'm on the razor's edge...I could fall into overtraining or I could gradually continue to add more stress and adapt. The secret is to reach that starting line healthy and fit, o.k., maybe that's not a big secret :)