Daily Quote: "The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again." --Erma Bombeck
Today I ran 19 miles, which is the longest run this year! The run wasn't easy, but I got the job done. I had to fight negative thoughts from Mile 14 onwards, obviously my body is tired from ever increasing mileage the past three weeks. I kept nudging and encouraging my body forward saying that soon is a Recovery Week and you'll get a breather, that I'll feel better afterwards, I'll treat you to a slice of Pizza tomorrow...just one more mile PLEASE! My next long run will be a 20 miler after my Recovery Week.
Long Run.
19 miles. Time, 2:53. 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade, 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac drift: 162 bpm. Today I didn't drink Gatorade, but just plain water as I'm striving to lose more weight. Left ankle a little sore, blister on large toe, otherwise the Long Run was o.k.
Thanks Easy Runner, Allen and Addicted to Endorphins for reminding me my priority of training for the Boston Marathon. I will also be running the New Las Vegas Marathon in December as to keep my streak alive (I've ran the last SEVEN Las Vegas Marathons.) My motivation at about.com is "paying it forward" to all those who had helped me in my running in the past and gave me motivation to improve. Unfortunately, I have to work 12-hour days as a cabbie and finding time to run high mileage is becoming difficult, nevertheless, I'll continue to support about.com although I may only visit that site once a day. Next week is Recovery Week and should have more time to go online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment