Daily Quote: "It was 194 degrees in Las Vegas today. All over town, women have been forced to take off their clothes and rub their bodies against cold metal poles just to survive." -- Jimmy Kimmel
I was browsing the Las Vegas Track Club site and noticed that Saturday, August 18, 2007 is the 5th Annual Police & Fire Dept 10k, 5k and 1 mile runs, which will be at the Las Vegas Outlet Mall. The temperature at the end of August during the early morning hours would be approximately mid 80's, a little too hot for a race, but tempting nevertheless...I may just race that 10k race!
Early AM: Warm up with 10 minutes on the stationary bicycle. Full body weight circuit training, increased weights by five pounds on all weight stations! Cool down, 10 minutes on elliptical. I'm gradually getting stronger!
Later AM: Today is a Medium Long Run.
14 Miles. Time 2:07. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 150 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 159 bpm. Pretty tired, slept only six hours last night, couldn't get comfortable. After my run took a 30 minute nap. Eventually I'm going to need to run "doubles" (run twice a day) if I wish to increase my weekly mileage any further.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'd stay away from that race. I heard that the winner not only gets a medal, he gets a ticket for "speeding". Ok, ok, that was a dumb joke....
I MUST go I hear that the water stations have Krispy Donuts!!
Post a Comment