Friday, July 13, 2007

17 Miler!

Daily Quote: "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" -- Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and sub-2:12 marathoner

Early AM: Warm up with 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight Circuit Training, 1 set, 10 reps of each exercise. Cool down with 10 minutes on elliptical machine. Surprisingly, with the exception of the shoulder press, I was able to do the same weights as I had done two weeks prior to vacation. The shoulder press was a bit difficult and had to reset the machine five pounds lighter.

My headache is gone and have recovered from jet lag. Therefore decided I would do my Long Run today.
17 miles. Time, 2:35. 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade, 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac drift: 158 bpm.

This is my longest run of the year! My transition back to the treadmill went easily, no aches nor pain. I'm very happy with my progress this week, but I'm extremely tired and look forward to an easy Recovery Run tomorrow.

2 comments:

Allen said...

When you're in good condition like you are, a two-week vacation is not a problem :)

robison52 said...

Thanks Allen for the compliment, but you should have seen me trying to drive a cab after arriving home the previous night after 14 hours of changing planes due to cancelations and delays...I was a tired wreck...I could use a vacation from my vacation! I certainly didn't feel like I was in good condition.