Thursday, August 7, 2008

NIKE Air Span 4+

Daily Quote:
"NIKE Air Span 4+ is a great shoe - glad I bought them. The look and feel was great. The only thing is I wish they made them in a 13 1/2. When it comes to Nike, 13s are a little too tight and the 14s are just a little too big. I went with the 14 and am very happy, even though they are a tad loose. Other than that, they are great!"
-- Robert from Haymarket, Virginia

Today is my last day wearing New Balance 845, which served me well for the last 470 miles.

9:30 a.m. Recovery Run, 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. All six miles at 6.3 mph. (Pace, 9:31 minute miles). Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac Drift 146 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Run went well, no aches, pain nor residual soreness from yesterday's Tempo Run. I'm A-O.K. for tomorrow's Medium-Long Run!

Normally on Thursday I would add a Weight Circuit Training after my run, but since I did weights early yesterday morning decided to find new running shoes.

Shopped at the Las Vegas Outlet Stores and found a fantastic deal at the NIKE Store, "NIKE Air Span 4+" for the low cost of $39.99, they would normally sell for $80, but NIKE is phasing them out. This isn't the first time I wore NIKE Air Span, I first wore them back in 1994 and am surprised they still fit well. I'll test them on my next Recovery Run on Saturday morning.

I'll be adding the NIKE Air Span 4+ to my rotation with "Brooks Adrenaline 6," which is also a stability shoe. I also have a pair of light "ASICS Gel-DS Trainers 13" for speedwork and races. Hopefully I won't need another pair of shoes until two months from now...Brooks Adrenaline already has 255 miles on them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoaaa.. definitely need to get a new kicks. Sounds like a good stability shoes you've got. I am now rotating two kicks. Nike and Saucony. Nice job you are doing at this time.

Anonymous said...

Agree..! Nike Air Span 4+ is really the great shoes. Impressed with the latest design.