Daily Quote: Run short double workouts for weight loss. Increase your metabolism by running twice as often but half as long, since your body burns calories at an elevated rate for up to six hours after each run. Just don't forget a weekly long run, which is the core of endurance training. --Runner's World Online, Published 08/11/2005
Eventually I'll be running twice a day (also known as "doubles") during marathon training, but for now my goal is to acclimate my body for exercise after work, therefore I'll be doing my weight circuit training during the early morning hours (I work from 2:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.).
2:15 a.m. Warmup: 10 minutes on upright stationary cycle. Weight Circuit Training, 35 minutes. Cooldown: 10 minutes on elliptical machine. Tough workout, if only because I did a Long Run of 19 miles before work.
Slept seven hours with my morning wakeup heart rate being 44 bpm (normally my morning heart rates are around 38-42 bpm)
11:50 a.m. Recovery Run, 6 miles. 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. All six miles at 6.3 mph. (Pace, 9:31 minute miles). Average heart rate: 146 bpm. Cardiac Drift 149 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) My heart rate is slightly high, undoubtedly not fully recovered from yesterday's Long Run AND this early morning weight training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's an awesome idea! Eeekkk I need to shed a few.
Thanks for stopping by too ;-)
Bruce,
That's an interesting take on the weight loss thing.
learned something from that quote. didn't know that!
Post a Comment