"Megarunners are another sub-group within the sport. They are known not for their speed or records but for the great number of marathons and ultramarathons they run. Henri Girault of Naintre, France, has run more than 200 races of 100 kilometers or more. American Norm Frank of Rochester, New York, has run more than 550 marathons and ultras. And Canadian Wally Herman of Ottawa has run more than 400 such races, including at least one marathon or ultra in every Canadian province and territory, every U.S. state and in more than 70 countries--David Blaikie
worldwide."
My morning heart rate was a little high, 49 bpm, but not significant to have a total rest day, nevertheless, I was still tired from yesterday's 18-miler and spent most of the morning procrastinating on the computer, I waited until the very last minute to head for the gym.
12:00 p.m. Recovery Run, 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. All six miles at 6.3 mph. (Pace, 9:31 minute miles). Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac Drift 148 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) My training heart rates are o.k., but I really felt like curling in a ball and falling asleep.
I didn't have enough time to strength train and plan on doing my weight circuit training after work around 2:15 a.m.

3 comments:
You are so smart to pay close attention to your body/training and fatigue levels. Recovery weeks can be a bore, but what good is training if you don't take the time to repair the wear and tear to your body? Nice work.
Good stuff. Have I ever mentioned I love coming to your site to hear Chariots of Fire?
I like the quote... Let's see, I have only participated in 4 marathons with the fifth coming up this Fall.
It's imperative that you listen to your body especially what you are going through especially the recent 18 crazy dreadmill run you had.
Post a Comment