Daily Quote: "You have to run an ultra for the pure love of it -- and not for any other reason. Go in with the wrong motives and you won't be mentally tough enough to dig deep when you need to." --Lizzy Hawker, former 100k World Champion
The "Labor of Love 50k Race" next April will show if I have a love for ultras...I don't have wrong motives like for a bet or anything, just to test my endurance and see if ultras are a right fit for me. I'll be running my first ultra race with no time goals with the plan of learning from the experience.
2:10 a.m. Warmup: 10 minutes on upright stationary cycle. Weight Circuit Training, 35 minutes. Cooldown: 10 minutes on elliptical machine. I'm not fully recovered from yesterday's Tempo Run, and I could feel my exhaustion during the elliptical cooldown...I was wondering if I would have enough energy to dress and drive home.
Slept eight hours and awoke with my morning heart rate being 41 bpm, which shows I've recovered from yesterday's Tempo Run, but will still take a easy Recovery Run today.
11:45 a.m. Recovery Run, 6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. All six miles at 6.3 mph. (Pace, 9:31 minute miles). Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift 145 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) My heart rate is in the Recovery Zone and suffered no aches nor pain.
Wife has convinced me to take a short vacation next week, we'll be having a short road trip starting Monday to visit Utah's Shakespearean Festival and see the play "Othello."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Enjoy the road trip with your wife and Othello. "For I am nothing, if not critical"
Enjoy your visit to Cedar City. That is my home town. I lived one block east of the campus.
Here is what it was like to be raised in a small Utah town.
Post a Comment