Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Faster Tempo Run

Daily Quote:
"I've always felt that long, slow distance produces long, slow
runners."
--Sebastian Coe

A day late with my weight circuit training and I got it done immediately after work.
2:10 a.m. Warmup, 10 minutes on the Elliptical. Weight Circuit Training, 35 minutes. Cooldown, 10 minutes on the upright stationary cycle.

Today is Wednesday, which is Tempo Run day! My morning heart rate is back down to 42 bpm and I feel bright eyed and bushy tailed. Decided to increase my tempo speed to 7.7 mph (7:48 minute miles) and as a precaution I'll keep the tempo distance short at 3 miles and the treadmill set at zero grade.

11:30 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a zero grade. Total Distance: 7 miles. Warm-up: 2 miles at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute miles). Tempo: 3 miles at 7.7 mph (7:48 minute miles). Cool-down: 2 mile at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate: 159 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 177 bpm. (Note: My maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Tough workout!! After my run I felt a happy and peaceful exhaustion as I returned home for a short nap before work.

No comments: