Saturday, February 14, 2009

Suzie Is Now Home

My wife, Suzie, is now home!! Her surgery was last Tuesday when she had a total hysterectomy and had a football size cyst removed. A biopsy was made on Wednesday on the cyst which showed no cancer!! Suzie's recovery is coming along slowly and she'll be out of work for at least eight weeks. This week she can only eat soft foods. She has a walker and is able to reach the bathroom o.k., her major task this week is to walk as much as she can, which is difficult for her even before surgery.

I'm exhausted. I've been visiting her every day at the hospital before my 12-hour work shift (unable to get time off from work) and have been averaging 4-5 hours of sleep nightly. Unfortunately, I was unable to run last week as I spent every possible moment by my wife's side...I'll just consider last week as a recovery week from running. I hope to do an easy nine miler tomorrow morning once my wife gets settled.

I'm now back on the computer and will strive to catch up on my e-mails (I have 193 e-mails) and to read all my favorite blogs. Thank you for all your prayers and moral support!!

8 comments:

Allen said...

Football size, wow! I wonder how much it weighed. We're glad, Bruce, that she is home and that the cyst was benign.

Try and catch up on your sleep, and don't do much running for a few days while your body recovers.

Sarah said...

I am glad that everything went well and that there is no cancer. I hope your wife has a quick recovery!

LIrunner9 said...

Oh Bruce, Thank God!! Been thinking about you and Suzie. Yeah no cancer. Woo Hoo!!! Thanks for letting us know and don't worry about catching up on blogs/running. Get some rest and know that we are all always here for you both:)

WendyBird said...

What a huge relief that there was no cancer!! My heart goes out to Suzie, especially with my own hysterectomy still fresh in my mind. I will keep her in my prayers!
Hugs to you both

BeachRunner said...

That is great news. Fantastic!! Let the healing and slow ,steady recovery begin!

Tanya said...

Good news for you both, that there's no cancer and Suzie is home-I'm sure she'll recover faster at home than in a hospital room. Get some rest!

Sherri said...

That's wonderful news!! So glad there is no cancer.

Tam said...

It is a wonderful thing that your wife's surgery went well and that she is on her way to recovery.