Monday, February 16, 2009

Earlier Run

Daily Quote: "It's easy to climb on the bathroom scale every day. However, the number it displays doesn't provide the type of information you really need to assess your fitness progress.
Changes in your body composition, such as the ratio of your lean body weight -- including muscle, bone, organs, and fluids -- compared to your body fat weight, are not reflected on the bathroom scale." --RealAge web site.

Today I awoke earlier as to finish my run before my significant other awakes and discovers I escaped.

7:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 46:30. Overall pace, 9:18 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road (partially traverses last year's Las Vegas Marathon route) . Cloudy, 40 degrees, with mild breezes and wet ground from overnight rains. Average heart rate, 146 bpm. Cardiac Drift, 151 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm)

No more four mile Recovery Runs; the next several weeks my Recovery Runs will be increased to 5 miles. No aches nor pain and body felt very comfortable during my run, although I should have ran a tad slower.

I was able to finish my run before the wife awakes and feels neglected. This week will be very busy due to the M.A.G.I.C. (fashion trade show) and we cabbies really need the additional business.

No comments: