Daily Quote: "Choose your cereal wisely. Whether your cereal is hot or cold, you'll always want to check the fiber, fat, and sugar content per serving. For example, many kinds of instant oatmeal tend to be heavily processed, leaving it lower in fiber than unprocessed, whole oats. Choose cereals with at least 3 grams of fiber per serving. Inspect breakfast bar labels the same way you would inspect cereal labels, noting fat, fiber, and sugar content. Many cereal, granola, and breakfast bars tend to skimp on fiber and instead bulk up on sugar. Your goal should be to get a total of at least 6 grams of fiber at breakfast. If your favorite cereal is low on fiber, add a few tablespoons of unprocessed wheat bran to it. " --RealAge website
My favorite breakfast is Cheerios with lowfat milk topped with sliced bananas...quick to make and doesn't upset my stomach for my morning run afterwards. I've never considered adding more fiber to my cereal with unprocessed wheat bran, maybe something I should be experimenting? Your thoughts?
Today is an easy eight miler.
8:00 a.m. General Aerobic Run. 8 miles. Time, 1:17. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road (partially traverses last year's Las Vegas Marathon route. Clear, 42 degrees, wind SW at 7 mph. Average heart rate, 142 bpm. Cardiac drift, 148 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm)
No aches nor pain and feeling strong. I could easily run longer and faster, but must stay within my comfort zone as I gradually increase my mileage with baby steps. I'm wondering if my planned ultra race, "The Labor of Love 50k," in April is impractical considering my interruptions to training due to sore right knee the last two months and my wife's current health.
I'll continue my training with a wait-and-see approach, I may change my goals to shorter races like the 5k and 10k, which doesn't require much weekly mileage. Also, cab business is very slow due to the economy and can't justify the expense of too many races this year, especially destination races (I would love to return to Salt Lake City someday and race with my good friend Allen again)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think wait-and-see is the best approach :) Thats is essentially my plan for this year. I hope to get on track, find the time and the ability ... but I'm not writing anything in stone!
It will all work out!
Post a Comment