I won't be posting on my daily blog this week as I'll be attending to my wife, Suzie.
Suzie is having surgery on Tuesday. This came up suddenly. She went for an annual OB-GYN check up and they found a cyst on her ovary. The tests say this is a cystic mass and not cancerous, but they will not guarantee that until they take it out and do a biopsy. The doctor said due to the size of this thing, big like a football, he is going to do a total hysterectomy. She'll be in the hospital four or five days and out of work six to eight weeks. I plan on visiting her everyday this week in the hospital and still work my regular 12-hour shift.
I had requested a day off this Tuesday from work, but haven't yet received notification that I can have Tuesday off so I can be at her side. Nevertheless, we'll be arriving at UMC Hospital at 5:00 a.m. with surgery around 7:00 a.m., hopefully I won't have to work my 12:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. shift so I can be support her during this stressful time.
Between working, squeezing in my runs, and visiting Suzie in the hospital it's highly unlikely I'll have any time for the computer this week.
Suzie is in high spirits and is looking forward to having the next six to eight weeks off from work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Bruce I am sorry to hear that for you and Suzie. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time friend! Take good care of her, which I know you will.
Hey Bruce,
Don't give the computer a second thought! Take care of Suzie & know that my thoughts & prayers are with you both during this time.
Jo
Sorry to hear the news. Please know I'll be praying for Suzie and you.
Please keep us posted on her progress once you get to take a breather.
Thinking of you two...
I hope that everything goes smoothly. You and your wife will be in my thoughts.
Take good care of Suzie, we'll all still be here when she's better and you have more time for the computer. Like everyone one else, you'll both be in my thoughts.
Prayers will be said for you wife. It's great you will take care of her and hopefully you will get off work to be by her side.
Bruce, when you do get back to the computer, let us all know how Suzie made out. We're all praying for her safety and good recovery.
Post a Comment