Daily Quote: "The China Study provided evidence that there is a link with certain cancers. The results showed that high-fiber intake was consistently associated with lower rates of cancers of the rectum and colon. High-fiber intakes also were associated with lower levels of blood cholesterol. Of course, high-fiber consumption reflected high plant plant-based food consumption; foods such as beans, leafy vegetables and whole grains are all high in fiber." --The China Study, by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II, pg 92.
Today is a very easy Recovery Run as to recover from yesterday's eight miler.
8:30 a.m. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 49:29. Overall pace, 9:53 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Road (The main bike route to Red Rock Canyon). Clear, 42 degrees, Winds SSW at 6 mph. Average heart rate, 141 bpm. Cardiac Drift, 145 bpm (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm. Ran nice and easy, legs felt fresh with no fatigue nor soreness from yesterday, nevertheless, I know that I needed the recovery run.
I've pretty much exhausted all possible out-and-back routes from my home. During the weekends I may drive to another part of town as to add extra spice to my runs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you might try loops, figure 8s, loops with out-and-back extensions. kind of like a pan handle :) works for me to keep things different. one way to shake it up is just to change the extension, like instead of at the far end, try an offshoot before you get there, then continue the loop. different extensions can change the whole run because you're at a different energy level when you emerge.
finding routes here in my little town is problematic- no sidewalks so I have to run in the streets,and traffic is a serious issue; and the longer roads that I like to run on are really isolated so I don't consider them safe for a single woman. I end up sticking to the same old boring neighborhood!
Post a Comment