Sunday, February 1, 2009

Summary: January 26 - February 1, 2009

Daily Quote: "Standard portion sizes may actually be smaller than you think. For example, three ounces of meat is about the size of a deck of cards. One serving size of pasta or rice is about the size of a tennis ball. Try putting smaller amounts of food on your plate or using smaller plates. If you put more food in front of you, you'll eat it because it's there." --Christine Luff, running guide at about.com

My portion sizes are good during the weekdays as I make my own meals, but the weekends we're off from work and often eat out with larger portion sizes. I need to be more disciplined and not eat everything off my plate when dining at restaurants.

10:20 a.m. Today is my rest day from running, but I still accomplished a weight circuit session at my gym (24-Hour Fitness on Rainbow and Alta) where I did my typical two set, 15 repetitions session with the weight circuit training machines, afterwards I cycled 30 minutes on the stationary cycle watching "Monk" on the television monitors above. Next week I might run on Sunday as to return to running seven days a week, it all depends on what how my body feels at the time.

SUMMARY: JANUARY 26 - FEBRUARY 1, 2009

I continued to run six days a week for a total of 30 miles! I also weight circuit trained for three days this week. My body is now 100% and can slowly add even more mileage for my upcoming "Labor of Love 50k Race" on April 25th...only 12 weeks from now!!!

I'm still 179 pounds on a six foot frame and undoubtedly once my mileage increases my weight should decline even more. I still need to focus on no binge eating during my days off on the weekends.

I accomplished three sessions of weight circuit training last week and increased the weights twice as my upper body is getting stronger, although on the flip side I'm heavier due to the bigger muscles I had developed during last week.

I've continued to get 7-8 hours of sound sleep nightly and my morning heart rates are getting better, 40-42 bpm.

A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Easy Run, 5 miles.
Tuesday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 6 miles + weight circuit training.
Thursday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Friday: Easy Run, 4 miles + weight circuit training.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 7 miles.
Sunday: Weight circuit training.
Total weekly mileage: 30 miles.

You can almost see my developing pattern for future training; Long Run on Saturdays, Medium Long Run on Wednesdays, and easy recovery runs filling out the rest of the week.

No comments: