Sunday, February 15, 2009

9-Miler!

Daily Quote: "If your weight loss has stalled, don't give into the temptation to quit -- or worse, to try more extreme measures that aren't good for your health, such as skipping meals or working out excessively. A weight plateau is no reason to give up on a healthy plan. In fact, a weight plateau could be a sign that you're ready for something more challenging or engaging. So stop, take a moment to regroup, shift the focus away from your weight for a while, and consider other ways you can measure your progress." --RealAge web site.

I've gained weight last week as I was taking care of my wife, no running nor any exercise for that matter, which shows on the weight scale...I'm now 180 pounds on a six foot frame. Now that Suzie is home I should be able to ease back into my training. Suzie's daughter, Lisa, is here as to give me a break, which I took full advantage and ran nine miles...my longest run this year!

12:00 p.m. General Aerobic Run. 9 miles. Time, 1:24. Overall pace, 9:22 minute miles. Out and back on Lindell Road (back route to Checker Cab yard). Clear, 48 degrees, with no wind. Average heart rate 143 bpm. Cardiac drift 147 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm)

Nice comfortable run with no aches nor pain, felt invigorated and happy to be back running. In the future, I'm planning on utilizing this Lindell Road route as a running commute to work that's 8.1 miles one way. Tomorrow I'll take it easy with a short four miler.

Suzie is doing much better. She's starting to eat semi-solid foods and is doing well. She still depends on the walker to get around the home...I moved all throw rugs and other obstacles that would get in her way. She slept twelve hours last night, which she sorely needed, as sleeping in the hospital was nearly impossible due to all the noise and nurse interruptions. Suzie tells me that she hates for me to write about her on this blog, hence, I won't provide any further updates on her condition.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome on your 9 miler! That had to have felt great.

I'm glad Suzie is getting better. Sorry we won't hear any more updates-but we wish her a speedy recovery. Tell her we're thinking of her.

The Running Bob said...

Just catching-up on blogs -- I've been there myself with my wife anxiously awaiting results. Although difficult weeks, I'm glad to read of Suzie's good news!

runrgrl2007 said...

Glad you got to run. But tell Suzie that your adoring fans want to know how she is doing as well.