Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big Toe

Daily Quote: "Winning Boston was like Christmas morning when you are 10 years old: the purest excitement and satisfaction! I would rather win the Boston Marathon than win a million dollars in a lottery." --Bill Rodgers, four-time champion during the 1970's running boom.

Yesterday, took the day off from running as some rushed tourist dropped his heavy luggage on my right toe! Today my toe feels better and will attempt to do a "Tempo Run" as scheduled in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster."

9:30 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Warm-up: 2 miles at 6.0 mph (10 minute per mile pace) Tempo: 3 miles at 7.9 mph (7:36 per mile pace). Cool-down: 1 mile at 6.0 mph. Average heart rate: 162 bpm. Cardio Drift: 185 bpm. (Note my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) A very vigorous workout, felt more like a race than a tempo run!

Now if I can just survive until the starting line of the Boston Marathon, without anymore mishaps I'll be happy!!!

2 comments:

LIrunner9 said...

Oh man Bruce,
Sorry to hear about your toe.
Sounds like your 'tempo' run went ok though. Oh man, you are getting so close to race time.
Hears healthy vibes coming your way! Thinking of you!!
Joanne

robison52 said...

Howdy Joanne! Thanks for the healthy vibes! The toe is a little black, but otherwise coming along fine...I'm so close to race time that I'm worried about every little thing, once I get to Boston I should be o.k.