Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hectic Morning!

Daily Quote: "It's my opinion that getting too hungry is the biggest problem with most marathoners' diets. Hearty carbohydrate-based meals set the stage for a top-notch sports diet." --from the excellent book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners."

I was only able to sleep four hours last night as I have an 8:00 a.m. dental appointment this morning. My dentist is from Boston and she gets very animated when chatting about everything I MUST see when I'm in Boston, she stressed eating at Giacomo's Restaurant (North end Hanover Street), Cafe Victoria for dessert (Hanover Street), Union Oyster House (Fanrel Hall by Holocaust Memorial) Drinks at Bay Tower Room and the Prudential Tower. Must start visit with "Duck Tours," which starts at Prudential Tower and gives overview of other sites to visit. Other must sees, Boston Museum, Mass. General Hospital Ether Dome and Old Public Library. For a nice out of town experience and about an hour away is the Newport Mansion in Concord/Lexington. She also chatted about other areas that I've already forgotten as I was being drilled and was a little distracted. She's as excited as I am about my upcoming Boston Marathon, needless to say, not your normal dental visit!

As soon as I was finished with my dental appointment did my cross-training at the 24-Hour Fitness across town near the dental office:

9:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 35 minutes. Tough lifting weights when I'm weak from lack of sleep, took longer than normal, but got the job done. I then wobbled immediately to the upright stationary cycle.

Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode #1. Life Fitness Cycle. Total time was 45 minutes. 8 minutes easy spinning, 30 minutes moderate, 7 minutes easy; cadence about 95 to 100 rpm. The effort was moderate to hard effort level. After my workout felt a little energized and returned home for lunch, a Turkey Lean Pocket with fruit as dessert.

I'm now going to reply to my e-mails and forum posts before I take an hour nap before work. Tonight will be a busy 12-hours driving my trusty Checker Cab as we have several medium sized conventions in Vegas, should be a very long night.

No comments: