Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Day of Rest

Daily Quote: "In the last six miles, my pace got slower, but I kept going. This race was about how women deserved to be official, and I had to do my best." --Nina Kuscsik, first female Boston Marathon winner, 1972.

Today is a day of rest as my ankle was sore from yesterday's interval workout. It feels fine today, but I'm not taking any chances as I'm doing RICE therapy throughout the day.

Spent the day catching up on all my favorite sites like, runnersworld.com, runningtimes.com, about.com, and runnersweb.com. Runnersweb.com had an excellent and scary article from the Boston Globe called, "The Marathon They Almost Canceled," about the 2007 Boston Marathon that had blizzard conditions. Not something that would be construed as comforting for my own upcoming 2008 Boston Marathon. Immediately checked the extended weather forecast for Boston on April 21st and was delighted to read, "Mostly Cloudy, high of 55, a low of 44 degrees," and I'm now happy again, I could run comfortably with those temperatures...I realize that it is an extended forecast, nevertheless it should be a relatively close forecast and not a blizzard.

Discovered a very cool video from the runnersweb.com site from Runner's World, a "Boston Marathon Video Course Tour." Race Director Dave McGillivray, a 36-time finisher, walks you through the Boston Marathon's 26.2 miles, from Hopkinton to Boylston Street.

Our bowling team, "One Wonders" won only one game tonight at the Bishop Gorman Bowling League. I was able to bowl two games above my average: Game 1, 174. Game 2, 135. Game 3, 178. My bowling average is currently 163. My right ankle was not suffering any pain nor discomfort during bowling and will return to running tomorrow.

No comments: